Enjoyed my day with my Spelman sisters!
While doing hair we were discussing the o so favorite topics of the young woman's mind ... Love and sex, and the following questions were posed that demanded the most attention were : " Can you fall in love with a bad lover?, Would you marry a man without having sex with him? and can u teach a man.. u know?"
my thoughts: OMG women have taken on these "men" roles where we feel like "I gotta try IT before I buy IT"
MIDNIGHT came crashing through,
I read the book Midnight and it provided for such insight into this whole love and sex thing.
The book illustrates a boy becoming a man of Islamic faith facing the trails of American culture. One of the more "unsusal" things in his culture and religion was the fact that it was customary for the people to marry at ages of sixteen or even younger. The reason for this was as his mother eluded was because it allows for the two to grow together. DEEP!!!
I drew from this that Americans have gotten this whole marriage and love thing all fucked up, we teach our youth to soak their wild oats men and women alike. This in turn provides for the images we perpetuate today! Broken homes, single lonely women and men and an overall ailing perception of marriage and trust. Manifesting the idea that if one has waited to marry until they've completed all that we consider necessary, which usually equals a certain finical standing and career advancement, we have lost one of the beautiful things marriage has to offer : growth!!!
I'm no expert I've never been married, but I Think therefore I am and that alone allots for my thoughts
ttyl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ms.CJames
- A lil bit country and a lil bit rock and roll. Blended peaches and pineapple! Surbian city slicker. Coke bottle and snicker!

No comments:
Post a Comment